Florida Studio Theatre: New Play Development
Florida Studio Theatre is seeking compelling short plays and sketches for inclusion in the annual New Play Festival during the spring. These scripts will be reviewed and used to develop long-term relationships with new writers for future programming. New Play Development is the lifeblood of FST. It is a year-round activity that is fully integrated with each of the theatre’s other programs. FST’s approach to new play development focuses on the continued life of the work.
SUBMISSION GUIDELINES - Review thoroughly before submitting. Submissions not following the guidelines will not be considered.
• Any genre or style (including musical, TYA, multi-lingual)
• Ten minutes max length. Technically, this means 10 pages from top of show, not including title page.
• Short plays and sketches will be accepted from 9am on November 16 until 6pm on December 16.
• Electronic submissions should only be sent to FSTshorts@floridastudiotheatre.org as a PDF. Submissions sent to any other address will not be accepted.
• Include a page with title, contact info, synopsis, bio, and production history.
• Plays and sketches longer than 10 minutes will not be accepted.
• The volume of scripts we receive prevents us from providing feedback or contacting any playwrights other than those selected for production.
• Each playwright may submit one play for the Festival. Send us your best!
• Selected playwrights will be contacted in Feb/March, and the winning plays will be produced in May.
For questions please contact Associate Artist/Literary Manager Catherine Randazzo at email@example.com. Submissions sent directly to Catherine will not be considered, submit only to FSTshorts@floridastudiotheatre.org.