Our nonprofit endowment fund:
- Protects our organization’s endowed monies for future needs.
- Provides annual income, depending on market performance.
- Demonstrates a commitment to long-range financial planning.
- Provides a way for donors to give complex gifts such as stocks, life insurance or property.
- Increases investment yield, as agency endowments are pooled with the Community Foundation’s other funds to provide maximum return and lower fees.
Forever Arts Endowed Fund
After five years of hard work by its board of directors which led to accomplishment of the goals in its strategic plan, The Arts Council of Martin County now has an endowed fund with the Community Foundation for Palm Beach and Martin Counties. Through a competitive selection process by the Foundation, the Arts Council of Martin County participated in a program that resulted in its being awarded a “Forever Arts” matching gift of $25,000 for an opening balance in a new endowment fund of $50,000. “The decision to participate in the Forever Arts campaign was an easy one,” commented Nancy Turrell, executive director. “Partnering with the Community Foundation for Palm Beach and Martin Counties through this campaign was ideal not only because of the matching funds but because of the resources we now have to help our donors meet their lifetime philanthropic dreams.”