MartinArts invites Treasure Coast area artists to apply to be an exhibitor at ArtsFest on February 10 & 11, 2024 in Memorial Park, downtown Stuart.
The Local Emerging Artists area is designed for artists who are beginning their art careers and/or have minimal experience participating in art festivals. Please read this prospectus in its entirety. Artists applying are responsible for the information contained herein. ArtsFest reserves the right to pre-screen and research emerging artists to make sure they are a fit for this category and that they do not have extensive experience exhibiting and selling their work.
- Application Deadline: November 1
- Acceptance Notification: November 15
- Booth Fees: due upon invitation
- Event: Saturday, February 10 & Sunday, February 11, 2024 | 10 am – 5 pm
Applicant to the program must:
- Be a Florida resident, residing in the Treasure Coast area.
- Not have an established record as a working festival artist or be professionally employed as an artist practicing the medium they seek to present at the festival
- Not have more than 25% of their total annual income derived from the sale of their artwork
Rules / Regulations
- All work must be original, handcrafted work. Artists guarantee the accuracy of the description (technique, materials, and process) of the works presented and the authenticity of the work as the creation of their own hands. All artwork on walls must be framed or otherwise professionally hung.
- ABSOLUTELY NO BUY/SELL. Artists reported and confirmed as selling anything purchased for resale will be asked to pack up and leave the show immediately.
- All artwork displayed (original or prints) must be available for sale at the event. Florida Sales Tax (currently 6.5%) is the sole responsibility of the participating artist. No commission on sales will be collected by MartinArts.
- Additional prints, giclees, etc. can be for available for sale but NOT displayed on panels. Artists may bring a small print rack or table for these items to be displayed. (Maximum 24” width and depth ONLY)
- Artwork may only be displayed within designated area and may not block walkways for patrons.
- Artists are responsible for their own hanging material requirements (hooks, labels, signs, etc).
- Artists are required to be on-site throughout the weekend to handle all sales and patron questions.
- Professional behavior is always expected.
- Accepted artists may not exhibit in other festivals during the dates of ArtsFest.
- Preference will be given to artists who have exhibited less than 3 times. Artists who have participated previously 2 or more times will be placed on a waitlist and notified on or before January 15 if space is available.
- MartinArts membership is recommended for all participating artists. Details can be found here.
- Each booth space will include a 10' x 10' canopy tent, side walls for overnight protection, and either display panels OR two tables. (approx. display space of 12'w x 6'h per artist in shared tent). Display panel example here.
- Artists will be responsible for hanging and removing sidewalls. We suggest bringing a small step stool and helper.
- Set up will be on Saturday morning starting at 8am. (Early arrivals may be turned away)
- Tents may not be accessible to drive in and load-in/load-out artwork from event site. Additional details will be available with set up instructions.
- $165 for Two (2) Artist Shared tent
- $325 for Single (1) Artist tent
Artists are our priority, and a team of volunteers are dedicated to making your festival experience great! Here are a few ways we will support you for the event:
- Artists’ images and website links posted on MartinArts website and social media channels (if provided)
- Professional overnight security
- Booth sitters and dedicated Artist Ambassadors during festival hours
- Hospitality throughout the weekend for artists
ArtsFest Stuart is accessible to all artists, including those with disabilities. Physical accessibility includes:
- Booths with no physical barrier to entry
- Special accommodation parking nearby on a solid surface
- Accessible bathrooms and on-site artist support volunteers for questions
- Please indicate any specific accommodation needed in your application.
ArtsFest strives to make refunds available that are fair and agreeable to both parties. Your submission of this application creates an obligation and expectation for you to exhibit and participate in the festival according to the itemized guidelines. Cancellations must be made in writing, faxed, or emailed for a refund. The following refund schedule will apply:
- Prior to January 1: Booth fees will be refundable minus $50 processing fees.
- After January 1: No refunds given.
- **Hardship refunds can be made up to the show date and must be accompanied with acceptable documentation (accident report, doctor’s note etc.), at the sole discretion of the Show Director.
Terms & Conditions
- I agree that I have read and accepted the conditions of the acknowledgment/release form. I further certify by my acceptance that all statements made are true and correct and that I am submitting my original artwork and acceptance of my application creates an obligation and expectation for to exhibit and participate in the festival according to the itemized guidelines.
- The inclusion of buy/sell or mass-produced items in my display or violations of any stipulations can cause my removal at any time from the festival and may expel me as a participant without a refund of any fees.
- A no-call, no-show exhibitor or leaving early without an acceptable reason and approval from Show Director, will make exhibitors ineligible for participation in future festivals.
- I understand that there are no refunds or rain checks due to inclement weather or other acts of God or any other reason except as noted in the Refund Policy.
- In consideration of ArtsFest acceptance of my application, I agree to allow them use of attached images, promotional materials and photographs taken during the festival for purpose of promoting the festival this year and in future years.
- The show reserves the right to refuse any application and rescind an extended invitation should the applicant be misrepresented.
- MartinArts and its agents have the right to make final interpretations of all the Rules/Regulations stated above and any other rules as they may be established.
- I, for myself an anyone entitled to act on my behalf, hereby release and forever discharge MartinArts, ArtsFest, Martin County, City of Stuart and all sponsors, associations, directors, employees, board members, and volunteers each from any responsibility, personal liability, personal injury, claims, damage, or loss in conjunction with any and all involvement/participation with this festival.